What are the Fall and Spring Seasons?
- Both the fall and spring seasons provide rowing instruction, interscholastic scrimmages and competitive rowing experience.
- Dues for the each season are $700 (Spring 2021 will be $600).
- All rowers must sign a new code of conduct form for each season. Medical and photo waivers must be signed if the rower is new or the info has changed.
- All rowers must have a signed swim test form on file. Swim tests are periodically held by the team at Shaker High School. If rowers are participating before a swim test is to be held, a swimming competence certification form signed by a lifeguard or parent must be turned in before a rower can participate on the water.
Who do I contact for help with Login and Registration?
Who can sign up?
- Shaker Junior and Senior High School Students in grade 7 through 12.
What do I wear?
- Athletes are expected to wear or bring proper training clothes, including sneakers.
- Athletes should be changed and ready to work out by the start of practice.
What do I need to know about the program and practice?
- **Please note, there is no bus transportation for the Spring 2021 season** North Colonie will provide transportation to the boathouse when we begin practicing on the water. Rowers are expected to be ready at Shaker HS by 3:45
- Parents are responsible for pickup from the water at 6:45
- Bring water - stay hydrated!
Spring Pre-Season is highly recommended for all who plan to row in the spring. A full credit for the Spring Pre-Season fee will be given at checkout when both Pre-Season and Spring Season are registered at the same time.
Shaker Crew Medical Waiver Form is required at the beginning of the Fall season for each school year. It does not have to be resubmitted in the spring unless there has been a change. Code of Conduct is required at the beginning of the Fall AND Spring seasons for each school year.
For Learn to Row and new rowers, parents MUST complete and sign the SRA Swimming Competence Certification form verifying that their rower can swim. A formal swim test will be conducted for all rowers at a later date. This is only required once per rower.
ALL FORMS SHOULD BE GIVEN TO REGISTRAR CHRISSY HARKAVY IN PERSON OR SCANNED AND EMAILED TO CHRISSY.HARKAVY@GMAIL.COM